Rhoscolyn HouseHolyhead, Anglesey, Wales Sleeps up to 10Map of all Cottages
A large holiday house by the sea. A hideaway on the waters edge where the sea air won’t escape you.
Through the mountains of Snowdonia, over the Menai Straits, past RAF Valley and still on to the western edge of Holy Island; when the road meets the tide on the beach.
Perched on its own on the craggy headland, across the sandy beach, Rhoscolyn House shouts “exuberant beachside retreat”.
What you find there is more than worth the journey… originally a Fisherman’s cottage the house has grown with the family over the years and, though it remains a tranquil and inviting property, it is now a luxurious, place to stay by the coast.
Life in this quiet corner of Anglesey is dominated by the sights and sounds of the sea.
Rhoscolyn House was chosen by Coast Magazine as a unique places to stay with great sea views read it here…
At a glance
BEST FOR… Peaceful coastal getaway for 10
LOCALLY… Sandy beaches, water sports, seafood & walking to pub
STYLE… Coastal and comfortable family home
- 2 king, ensuites
- 1 double ensuite
- 1 double
- 2 singles (bunks)
- Log burn + open fire
- Central heating
- B&W iPod dock
- Sat TV & DVD
- Board games
- WIFI internet
TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- No Security Deposit
- Best for bigger kids
- Plenty of space for cots
- Sea views from bunks
- Enclosed garden
Private and privileged space...
Inside Rhoscolyn House
- This cherished family holiday home has many wonderful spaces inside and out where the only sounds are those of the sea and the birds.
- From your window, watch oyster catchers and gulls on the beach below or if you really need to keep in touch with the outside world there is WI-FI access.
- This is a chef’s kitchen with all of the equipment you need to entertain and host a large dinner party in front of the fire in the open plan dining space.
- Plenty of space in the pantry and large fridge to store your supplies, two ovens, a 6 burner hob, a microwave and two sinks though you shouldn’t need them with the dishwasher.
- There is separate living room with views out across the craggy bay and deep comfy, sofas around an open fire.
- You are spoilt for choice with three en suite bedrooms and an additional double and a bunk bed room.
- The magnificent master bedroom hides upstairs with great doors opening out to a view of the bay. Everything is oversized in its bathroom with a deep, luxurious bath and even more luxurious, enormous walk in shower.
- The second double, downstairs, is the smallest of the doubles but has views across the bay and a contemporary styled bathroom with a large walk in shower.
- A third double, downstairs, looks out across the gardens on two sides and has a bath and shower in the en suite bathroom.
- The fourth double is accessed via a ladder step so is a little challenge for those less mobile but it is a real hideaway with lovely views out to the rocky island in the bay across the gardens.
- The fifth room is a lovely bunk bed room with views out the sea again and adult size beds.
Outside Rhoscolyn House
- Extensive grounds with many spaces to sit and watch Cormorants and Oyster Catchers on the beach and rocky islands all around.
- Wander up, (past the helicopter pad!) to the look out, sitting on the craggy, private headland for a great, peaceful place to enjoy the uninterrupted views out to sea.
- Explore the rock pools on the beach below or by the old Lifeboat house (now the family’s boat house) and private jetty.
Things you should know
Access all the way to the front gate of Rhoscolyn House is dependent on the tide. The last 200m to the house are across the beach and it is only possible to reach the house by car at low tide. At other times guests park in the beach car park and walk along the path to the house.
Rhoscolyn House is a long way from the nearest street light; on a clear night you will be astounded by the inky black sky and the stars you can see as soon as you get out of the car. You will experience dark nights and the only sounds at nights are those of the sea and the birds.
There is a full time non-resident estate manager at Rhoscolyn House who will make himself scare and fully respect guest privacy during your stay.
Mobile reception is good for most networks.
There are wireless internet facilities at Rhoscolyn House.
Please ask us about pets at Rhoscolyn House.
Life surrounded by the sea...Map of all Cottages
Rhoscolyn House Location
- ‘Wow’ house, perfect for family holidays by the sea 5 hours from London: 265 miles
- Luxurious holiday home by sandy beaches just 2.5 hours from Manchester: 120 miles
- Across Anglesey and onto Holy Island then follow the windy lane until it comes to an end and then carry on for the last 100m across the sandy beach.
- A holiday home very much by the sea, sitting on a rocky promontory between to rocky bays, both with sandy beaches.
Top 10 things to do from Rhoscolyn House…
Whatever your passion just let us know, we’ll find all of the information and include it in your personal, tailored guide sent to you before you arrive.
Call or email us to find out more:
You dont have to go far at all to enjoy some great beaches from Rhoscolyn House.
Local Produce nearby…
Valley Butchers, Anglesey Award winning sausages sit alongside locally-reared beef, lamb and pork, all sourced direct from local farms as well as welsh cheeses and vegetables. Just 3.5 miles away.
Just 0.5 miles away across the beach and along a lane is The White Eagle, with local gastronomic treats on offer such as steamed Menai Mussels or Anglesey Lamb. A favourite haunt for locals (including William and Kate).
Walk from the door
Being directly on the Anglesey coast path there are some great walks straight out of the door from Rhoscolyn. It is easy to find circular walks which take in a little (or a lot depending how you feel) of the coast path and then circle back over the fields.
Without leaving Rhoscolyn House…
Rhoscolyn House has wonderful views across the peaceful bay perfect for wildlife spotting and bird watching. You may see Seals, Cormorants and Oyster Catchers.
For the more adventurous there is so much to do near all of our properties. From fishing and mountain biking to caving and coasteering…
Historic Day Out
Home to the Marquess of Anglesey, Plas Newydd is a magnificant country house with beautiful gardens that has spectacular views of Snowdonia.
Ucheldre Centre, is one Anglesey’s leading arts centres and hosts a range of visual and performance arts.
During October visit the Anglesey Oyster and Welsh Produce festival, showcasing the unique Menai Oysters as well as other products such as Welsh cheese, ice cream, wine and cakes.
Go Horse Riding…
Porth Y Post Riding Stables offer children’s riding lessons by BHS approved riding instructors, and trail riding, They are nearby in Trearrdur bay.
Rhoscolyn House press
Rhoscolyn House has been recognised by guests and press alike.
Here is a selection of press articles in which Rhoscolyn House has been featured…
Rhoscolyn House and Cappele cottage were featured in Conde Naste Traveller’s – Best British Holiday Houses…
Red Kite Tree Tent – One of the most innovative low-impact accommodation ideas around
Coast featured Rhoscolyn House in a series about unique places to stay with great sea views…
Rhoscolyn House joined Sheepskin in June 2011, so until now the owners, who love their time there, have been the only ones to enjoy this luxurious space.
I have stayed there too and I can confirm that the images do not lie it is absolutely stunning and I wish I could have spent more time there to explore the beaches and watch a few more mesmerising sunsets over the sea! But guest reviews are most important and we will be adding guest reviews very soon.
Why not sample the inky black skies, tranquility and luxury at Rhoscolyn house and give your own review…
We had the most fabulous stay. The house exceeded our expectations, everything about it was perfect, the location was sublime, the weather was lovely… what’s not to like? We enjoyed meals at the White Eagle and also at the ‘sister’ pub ‘The Oyster Catcher’ at Rhosneigr. Mark looked after us brilliantly. Our son, who was celebrating his 50th Birthday, had the best birthday ever – Nigel & Libby
Rhoscolyn House Availability
We are as flexible as possible with arrival date and length of stay.
We have a minimum booking of 3 nights and 7 nights during peak holiday times.
Our calendars are up to date at the end of each working day.
Bookings are subject to availability and on a first come first served basis. To reserve the dates you want completing our booking form is the fastest way.
To check any dates or details before making your decision just get in touch. Call, email or fill out our booking form, whichever you prefer.
To see dates for all cottages, please go to our availability page.
Please use the left and right arrows to scroll through the months.
Prices for Rhoscolyn House
We’re here to take the hassle away from booking and planning your holiday.
No hidden extras…
our prices include everything from tea towels to bath towels
and special extras such as logs for the fire, bathrobes and a welcome hamper there when you arrive.
The price also includes your tailored guide to help plan your holiday.
We know that you respect and appreciate beautiful places and other people’s precious homes so…
Relax and enjoy your holiday with no security deposit to worry about.
Accidents do happen and if damage does occur during your stay we ask for a reasonable contribution towards the cost of repairs or replacements.
Please read our user-friendly terms and conditions which, by confirming your booking, you agree to.
|Rhoscolyn sleeps||8-10 people|
|Available for short breaks year round, (min 3 nights) except for peak holiday times, when the minimum is 7.|
Come back soon… Stay again with Sheepskin, within 6 months, booking ‘off-peak’ for 5 nights or more and we’ll reduce the standard rate by 10% for you.
When we receive your booking form we will reserve your requested dates for 5 days and we will be in touch to confirm all the finer details with you.
If you prefer call or email:
+44 (0) 1865 764 087