NantwenPembrokeshire Sleeps up to 2Map of all Cottages
Romantic luxurious holiday cottage that was always cherished now transformed, welcoming & much loved.
Nantwen truly is a luxurious cottage for two with a stunning open plan living area focused around the log burner but with your eye captivated by wonderful imaginative and traditional wood details.
The owners of Nantwen wanted to create a home that is ‘environmentally friendly’ yet without compromise on comfort and experience for their guests. They succeeded! Nantwen has a Gold Award for Green Tourism and has been a cosy retreat for many happy guests as well as a perfect writers retreat.
Just 3 miles from the Pembrokeshire coast path on the edge of the Preseli Mountains this is a perfect haven for cosy winter breaks, a contemporary, stylish summer bolthole for outdoor activity loving couples.
Miles of sandy beaches and un spoilt countryside on your doorstep, it truly is a perfect place to stay, any time of year. Get some tips on how to enjoy the area ‘like a local’ from the owner’s Daniel and Jemma.
“… Nantwen is one of the best places we’ve stayed for space, comfort, luxury & style…” Kev & Debbie
At a glance
BEST FOR… Proposals, honeymoons or simpy special times
LOCALLY… Pembrokeshire coast & hills
STYLE… Luxurious with a nod to nature & emphasis on comfort
- 1 double
- private garden area
- underfloor heating
- Log burner
- TV, DVD & DVD collection
- Vita Audio iPod dock & radio
- WIFI Internet
TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Washing Machine
- No Security Deposit
- Room for a very little one!
- Space for cot
Quirky character, cosy home...
- Local craftsman have sourced local materials to build this fully equipped kitchen that also includes a rustic dining table.
- Open plan living space with original beams and beautiful wood details.
- Cosy up on the sofa in front of the burning log fire whilst playing music through the IPod dock.
- Watch a film in the separate TV lounge with DVD player and huge selection of DVDs.
- Spacious and light, the cottage is kept warm by the underfloor heating and log stove.
- Large bedroom in the eaves of the cottage with original beams and a claw foot bath.
- Contemporary styled bathroom downstairs, a wet-room with a rain shower.
- Located at the end of a private track, 20m from owners’ parents house but with complete privacy in this secluded location.
- Own private garden area to the rear with parking space at the front.
- The garden area has a view through the trees across the valley and is skirted by private woodland.
- An enormous array of wildlife outside such as buzzards, an otter is known to visit the bedroom door, badger sets, goshawks to name but a few.
- You will see (and hear) owls at night and bats, the roof of the boiler house is a purpose built bat and barn owl house.
- Nantwen is a sustainable property with solar panels and a rainwater harvester.
Things you need to know
- Access to Nantwen is via a private farm track so can be a little muddy with a few pot-holes (low slung sports cars may struggle!)
- The cottage is one of two dwellings at the end of this track, the other being the residence of the owners’ parents.
- Nantwen is a long way from the nearest street light. If you arrive at night be sure to pack a torch if venturing out at night.
- Nantwen is very environmentally friendly without any compromise of comfort for the guests. Heating and hot water are from a combination of solar panels and a Biomass boiler.
- The bedroom relies on heat from the log burning stove in the living area and an electric heater (which is seldom used).
- Rainwater is harvested and filtered for use in the house whilst waste water is returned to the woodland pond through a mini treatment works.
- There isn’t a landline at Nantwen but mobile reception is good for Vodafone, reasonable for O2 and Orange.
- Unfortunately Nantwen does not allow pets
Outdoor enthusiasts bolthole...Map of all Cottages
- Seclusion and luxury just 240 miles, 4.5 hours from London and 175 miles, 4.25 hours from Manchester
- It is possible to arrive by train, we can arrange pick up from the station. Then spend your break walking or cycling locally.
- Nearest train stations are Clunderwen 34mins or Fishguard 18mins.
- local bus routes pass within a 10 minute walk through the fields from Nantwen.
- Within the Pembrokeshire National park on the edge of the Preseli Mountains, great for keen walkers, horse riding and mountain biking.
- Less than 3 miles from the picturesque village of Nevern and historic town of Newport where you will find great eating places.
- Close to the Pembrokeshire Coast Path.
- Sheltered and quiet beaches at Newport, 5 miles, and Cardigan Bay, 9 miles
Things to do near Nantwen
Nantwen out and about, our favourites…
- Explore the ancient woodlands of Tycanol and Pentre Ifan walking from the door.
- Visit the Pengelli forest which is great for walking, as is the woodland that can be seen across the valley from Nantwen and can be walked from the front door.
- Walk, bike or ride in the Preseli mountains and Gwaun Valley both close by within the Pembrokshire National Park.
- Star gaze, Nantwen is on the plateau making the sky expansive and great for star gazing.
- Enjoy the sheltered and quiet beaches at Newport, 5 miles, and Cardigan Bay, 9 miles
- Plenty of local pubs for you to enjoy a bite and a beverage.
- Enjoy delicious food at several great restaurants in the picturesque village of Newport just a few miles away.
- Visit the Rhosygilwen or Cardigan theatre, great entertainment.
|When you book, whatever your passion just let us know, we’ll find all of the information you need and include it in your personal, tailored guide sent to you before you arrive.|
Call or email us to find out more:
The Welsh Wildlife Centre is based in The Teifi Marsh Nature Reserve. Perfect for seeing a wide range of wildlife. Dragonflies, otters, Ospreys…
With 186 miles of the most breathtaking coastal scenery, you won’t be stuck for a fantstic walk.
Take a break from the coast with a walk through woodland…
Pembrokeshire has a beautiful coastline and has more than 50 beaches to choose from.
See where the beautiful blankets that are in all our cottages are made…
For an adventure in wildlife spotting Scomer Island is perfect for a day trip…
For the more adventurous there is so much to do near all of our properties. From fishing and mountain biking to caving and coasteering…
Nantwen has been recognised by guests and press alike.
Here is a selection of press articles in which Nantwen has been featured…
Nantwen was selected as one of Huffington Posts 10 romantic UK boltholes…
Nantwen – The fact that this former stables, sleeping two, is out on the fringes of the Preseli mountains is the only thing rustic about it.
I (Helen) have stayed at Nantwen and it is a wonderful, boutique, contemporary styled retreat with bags of character and attention to detail in the fascinating wood work. Within minutes of arriving you just can’t help but feel relaxed and at home there.
Don’t take my word for it though read guest reviews below then book time away at Nantwen to enjoy the Pembrokeshire peace …..
“Just wanted to let you know we had a very enjoyable break at Nantwen.
It was so peaceful and relaxing a beautiful home .
Jemma’s bread was delicious and your treats you left were very welcome and enjoyed. Thank-you so much.” March 14
We enjoyed a fantastic short stay at Nantwen and were very lucky with the weather, real sunshine and sunburn! The cottage was lovely, very well equipped and cosy and the owners were very friendly and helpful. We did some fantastic walks along the coastal path which is so easy to access from Nantwen. We also visited a wonderful garden near Fishguard which I would recommend to any garden lovers (Dyffryn Fernant), Cathy Pash
The property is delightful. I rented the cottage in order to propse to my girlfriend and it met my expectations in almost every way. The owners were there to greet us and were on hand whenever we needed anything but they left us to our own devises at other times and this was the perfect balance. The place was immaculately clean and was kitted out with everything you are likely to need on a long weekend away. Log burning stove, small library, TV, DVD player with an enormous selection of DVDs. Just the thing when it’s pouring with rain or on a dark winter’s evening. We really had an incredibly special weekend that I will never forget. Rad
From the moment we arrived we knew we were going to relax & really enjoy our stay. Nantwen is one of the best places we’ve stayed for space, comfort, luxury & style – it was everything we could have wanted for a perfect romantic break. Kev & Debbie
Thank you for such a fab week! The cottage is gorgeous and in the cold weather the fire and beautiful bath were perfect! March 13
Thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful cottage for our mini-moon. The views were stunning, the bath was wonderful and the fire was perfect for a romantic break away. Will definitely be recommending to everyone.
We have had such a lovely week, thank you. A beautiful house in the most beautiful surroundings. The perfect backdrop to get engaged! We cannot wait to visit again soon! May 13
Knew instantly we were in for a nice stay on tasting Jemma’s bread on arrival – delicious!!! We’ve had such a wonderful week – the cottage is perfect with everything taken care of – the iPod dock is an especially nice touch! The surrounding are is supperb, with so much to see and do, from exploring st davids and the beautiful whitesands to a boat trip. Can’t wait to come back! June 13
The cottage is so beautiful, we wish we could stay longer! An idylic location and beautiful interiors make this a very special place. Thank you so much for making our long weekend away so special. We want to live here forever!!
We are as flexible as possible with arrival date and length of stay.
We have a minimum booking of 3 nights and, during peak holiday times, a minimum of 7 night stays.
Our calendars are up to date at the end of each working day. Do feel free to get in touch if you would like to check any dates with us or ask anything before you make your decision.
Call, email or fill out our booking form, whichever you prefer and we will be in touch to confirm all of the details with you.
Bookings are subject to availability and treated on a first come first served basis. If you want to be sure to reserve the dates you want and you’re searching outside of office hours filling out our form is the best way.
If you want to see dates for all of our cottages, please go to our availability page.
Please use the left and right arrows to scroll through the months.
Prices for Nantwen
We’re here to take the hassle away from booking and planning your holiday.
No hidden extras…
our prices include everything from tea towels to bath towels
and special extras such as logs for the fire, bathrobes and a welcome hamper there when you arrive.
The price also includes your tailored guide to help plan your holiday.
We know that you respect and appreciate beautiful places and other people’s precious homes so…
Relax and enjoy your holiday with no security deposit to worry about.
Accidents do happen and if damage does occur during your stay we ask for a reasonable contribution towards the cost of repairs or replacements.
Please read our user-friendly terms and conditions which, by confirming your booking, you agree to.
|Nantwen sleeps||2 people|
|Available for short breaks, (minimum 3 nights) year round, except for peak holiday times, when 7 nights is the minimum stay.|
Come back soon… Stay again with Sheepskin, within 6 months, booking ‘off-peak’ for 5 nights or more and we’ll reduce the standard rate by 10% for you.
When we receive your booking form we will reserve your requested dates for 5 days and we will be in touch to confirm all the finer details with you.
If you prefer call or email:
+44 (0) 1865 764 087