LlettyNear Llandeilo, Brecon Beacons, Wales Sleeps 4–6
Lletty is a luxury family friendly holiday cottage that stands on the wooded hillside like a bohemian gentleman, tall and proud of the countryside stretching before him to the distant hills.
“We had a fantastic time at Lletty. It more than lived up to expectation” Stacey
The adventure begins with a long dirt track through the woods, when you start to think it can’t be this way or this far, you’re nearly there. In a privileged access clearing at the end of the track is luxury hideaway Lletty, an unexpectedly comfortable detached, dog friendly house in a remote and peaceful haven with spectacular views, perfect for a family friendly holiday. Like us, you’ll feel lucky to have found it, privileged to sleep here and reminded of it every time you hear the wind in the trees.
|Download a printable brochure of Lletty…|
If Lletty is fully booked when you want to escape then Wayside in Snowdonia is also great place for six people!
Matt Rudd of the Times visited Lletty and his wife loved it so much she did not really want him to tell his readers about it but he did!
Read Matt’s article…
Send to a friend
At a glance
|1 double, 1 king (ensuite)||2 single (twin)|
|Log burners||Under floor & central heat|
|TV, DVD & DVD collection||Board games|
|WIFI internet||fire pit, tree swing|
|TO MAKE LIFE EASIER|
|No Security Deposit|
|Cot, H-Ch & gate on request||zip wire, swing and trampoline
Perfect family escape
- As you enter Lletty you look down the hallway, past the ornate staircase, straight out to the Black Mountains opposite.
- The heart of the house is as sociable, open plan kitchen dining room with quirky log fire and cook’s kitchen with a fantastic range cooker. This is probably where you will spend most of your time once you get settled around the large, dining table in front of the fire.
- An additional, cosy lounge with log burner, TV and DVD player (in case you run out of outdoor and adventures & views) and just about space for six guests.
- This privately located property has a hidden away, luxury master bedroom with king size bed and en-suite shower room.
- Second bedroom with double bed has fantastic views across to the Black Mountains.
- Third bedroom with twin beds has the same great mountain views, fantastic if you have children with you and a lovely room for a couple too.
- The main, spacious bathroom has a shower over the large bath looking out to the forest behind the house.
- Hotel-style comforts with towels, soaps and Sheepskin bathrobes provided in all bathrooms and wireless Internet facility.
- Lletty can provide a cot, pushchair and a highchair for families with small children. Just request with us when booking.
- A selection of board games are also available for those rainy days.
- Enjoy this private location; a remote woodland setting with lots to explore, forest and mountain walks or mountain bike rides to enjoy from your boutique holiday cottage.
- Or spend the day on the wooden garden deck with table and benches; perfect for alfresco dining with complete privacy and panoramic valley views and a fantastic place to sit out at night and study the stars in the inky black sky.
- The private grounds make a natural adventure playground for kids and there is also a Zip-wire and trampoline in the garden that kids of all ages will love.
- When you stand on the lawn and look out across to the hills you can’t help but feel privileged to have private access to the view and the open spaces in front and behind.
- This detached house is ideal for groups of couples or families with children of all ages.
Things you should know
Lletty is a long way from the nearest street light; you will experience dark nights and the sounds of nocturnal wildlife.
The only way to Lletty is the 2 mile long dirt track. Most cars don’t have problems but if you’ve got a low sports car, then you’ll have to invite a friend with a 4×4.
The water supply comes from a local spring and tastes great, but after heavy rainfall it can sometimes discolour. Best to bring some bottled water just in case.
Mobile reception is poor depending on your network. You can sometimes get a signal if you walk higher up the hill. There is a payphone that accepts incoming calls and there are wireless internet facilities at Lletty.
Pets are now welcome at Lletty, for an additional charge of £30.
Big views & forest trails
- A great place to stay & escape from it all within 4 hours of London, approx distance: 210 miles
- Be in a different world within 4 hours from Manchester, approx distance: 155 miles
- Down a 2 mile long forest track off the A4069 near Llangadog and Llandeilo
- Lletty is remote and sits alone on a gentle slope in a clearing at the end of the track
Things to do near Lletty...
Out and about near Lletty, our favourites…
- Walk straight from the front door through woodland and over nearby hilltops
- Walk the ridges of the Black Mountains that you can see from the cottage
- Enjoy a hearty meal at the Red Lion in Llangadog (4.5 miles)
- Treat yourselves to some fine dining at Y Polyn at Capel Dewi, definitely worth the short drive (19 miles )
- While away an afternoon in up-and-coming Llandeilo (11 miles)
- Enjoy big open sands on Cefan Sidan beach in Pembrey Country Park (33 miles)
- If you are staying with teenagers or adventurous adults, why not try Go Ape?
- More things to do in The Brecon Beacons…
If you want to know more about what’s happening nearby throughout the year, follow the links below.
When you book, whatever your passion; just let us know, we’ll find all of the information you need and include it in your personal, tailored guide sent to you before you arrive.
Call or email us to find out more:
For the more adventurous there is so much to do near all of our properties. From fishing and mountain biking to caving and coasteering…
Fun for all the family, why not spend some time visiting the Red Kite Feeding Station. You’ll be fascinated with what you see…
Why not soak up the traditional farmhouse culture at Aberdeunant and enjoy the countryside scenery while you are there…
Experience the thrill of a historic gold mine. This National Trust site will transport you from the present to the past…
Discover the magic of Dinefawr Park & Castle, part of the National Trust heritage and perfect fun for all the family…
Brechfa Forest covers some 6,500 hectares and there are numerous walking and mountain bike trails for you to enjoy.
If you want something a bit challenging…
Finishing touches, personal service
|We know that your perfect break needs time to search and organize, so we do the searching for you and help tailor your stay to what you love to do.
We’ll find all of the information you’ll need and include it in your personal, Example tailor-made guide sent to you before you arrive.
When you arrive at our cottages you will find beds made with soft cotton sheets, marshmallow duvets, cosy welsh blankets & generous bedspreads
Hotel style comforts with sumptuous Sheepskin bathrobes, fluffy cotton towels, an occasional sheepskin rug and B&W iPod docking station so don’t forget your iPod!
We provide all that you need from tea towels, toilet tissue and dishwasher tablets to a generous supply of logs for the log burner and a jute shopping bag (as part of your welcome gift) to take home with you!
With our compliments, for your arrival, there will be a Sheepskin jute bag for you to keep. In the bag you will find; extra virgin olive oil, natural rock salt, fresh black peppercorns, Sheepskin’s own blend roast and ground coffee, tea bags and some tasty treats!
You can also add your own finishing touches by choosing one of our two delicious Tapas selections. Ordered separately and delivered to your cottage, our tapas are a perfect solution for an informal, delicious meal when you first arrive at the cottage or simply when you don’t want to cook, see our delicatessen page for more details.
“We had a fantastic time at Lletty, thank you. It more than lived up to expectation…. Thanks for the excellent organisation and I have already recommended you to friends.” – Stacey April 11
“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Lletty. The cottage was really comfortable and well equipped and the views superb.” Hazel September 2010
“I have just got back into work after three wonderful days at Lletty and just wanted to thank everyone involved for a really great experience.” – Andrew, June 2010
“We had a fantastic time at Letty, what was so good was the information we wanted to know was all researched for us before we got there! The house is perfect, it had everything we wanted and more.” Julia, February 2010
“even though the pictures on the website were amazing, they still did not do the cottage justice. The cottage was remote, but we were told to expect this which was just what we were up for.” – LM November 2009
Matt Rudd visited Lletty & wrote “I shouldn’t be telling you this Sheepskin’s new portfolio of holiday cottages is a revelation, we wish we didn’t have to let the secret out of the bag. Lletty is a perfect cottage”
As with all of our properties we are as flexible as possible with arrival date and length of stay with a minimum booking of 3 nights. However during peak holiday times this property is only available for a minimum of 7 night stays. The preferred arrival day for Lletty is Friday.
Please do contact us to confirm availability for the dates you are looking for.
If you want to see dates for all of our cottages, please go to our all availability page.
Please use the left and right arrows to scroll through the months.
Prices for Lletty
|Available for short breaks year round, except for peak holiday times. Please get in touch to confirm if you want to check a particular date.
As a special treat if there are just two of you why not spoil yourselves with a fabulous, indulgent place to stay.
Lletty can be made available, outside of peak holiday times, just for two to enjoy at a very special rate, please see the rates below …
|2 person rate||n/a||n/a||910||1065||1145|
|Lletty welcomes pets at the additional charge as below|
|pets charge £||30||per pet|
When we receive your booking form we will reserve your requested dates for 5 days and we will be in touch to confirm all the finer details with you.
If you prefer call or email:
+44 (0) 1865 764 087