CragsideNorth of Pwllheli, Lleyn peninsula, Wales Sleeps up to 4Map of all Cottages
Looking for a remote holiday cottage? Off the beaten track on the Lleyn peninsula, Cragside is situated on the rocky hillside in Wales, looking across miles of open countryside and out to the sea.
“What a beautiful place! It felt like we’d stumbled across a deserted shepherd’s hide out – but that the shepherd had extremely good taste!” – Jemma
The panoramic view from Cragside is spectacular, with majestic mountains cascading down to the sweeping beaches of Cardigan Bay. It’s an inspiring place where nature provides the itinerary and the weather decides the timing. At the end of the track, hiding amongst a cluster of weathered trees is rugged Cragside with no noise, no light pollution and no neighbors.
Like the local farmers, it’s stern on the outside but warming and hospitable on the inside with a great sense of humour.
If Cragside is booked when you want to escape, perhaps Hilltop in Snowdonia has availability, another idyllic place for four to get away!
At a glance
BEST FOR… Families & couples rustic cottage retreat
LOCALLY… Hill forts, walks & Llyn peninsula beaches
STYLE… Traditional, cosy & characterful
- 1 king (flexes to twin)
- 1 double
- Log burning stoves
- Rayburn + electric heat
- B&W iPod dock
- TV & DVD
TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Washing machine
- No Security Deposit
- king flexes to twin + extra single
- Large garden
A personality all of its own
- The heart of this secluded cottage is the living room with its enormous fireplace and huge log burner.
- The open-plan living space is full of rustic character, with a big, cosy sofa in front the fire.
- There is a large dining table in this open plan living area with views out across the fields to the sea.
- This is a kitchen for cooks with a Rayburn for the adventurous and Bosch oven with electric hob for the conventional and a dishwasher to help with clearing up too.
- Large master bedroom has a king size bed with views of the mountains through the arched window. (The bed can flex to twin beds if needed, making it a lovely cottage for families with children)
- The second bedroom on a mezzanine is a cosy hideaway, curtained for privacy and warmed by the fire.
- The bathroom, although modernised is characterful and has mirrored shutters giving you panoramic views from the bath!
- Sit on the meadow lawn to watch the sheep go by and the weather change
- Admire uninterrupted views out to the sea or to the mountains in secluded privacy
- Big open spaces and fields surround the hillside house with footpaths into the hills
Things you should know
A tarmac drive would not sit well on this hillside. Access is along a dirt track which will be fine for most cars but low slung sports cars may struggle.
Cragside simple central heating (2 small radiators upstairs) but the Rayburn keeps most of the house warm and once you have the log fire crackling it warms up nicely.
Water is from a private supply and is drawn from a deep natural spring. It is very tasty but it is not chemically treated therefore guests who are not sure need to boil it before drinking or bring bottled water.
The second bedroom is a mezzanine overlooking the main living space so best to invite friends who don’t mind seeing you in your pyjamas.
Mobile phone reception is a little patchy inside the cottage but where you park your car it is fine, no internet.
Pets unfortunately can’t be accepted at Cragside.
Mountain cottage near the beachMap of all Cottages
- Beaches and Mountains worth the 5 hour drive from London: 251 miles
- Snowdonia hills and Llyn peninsula coast less than 3 hour from Manchester: 119 miles
- Alone on the hillside at the end of a private track between Nefyn and Caernarfon
- Best of all worlds remote but not far to great beaches & facing majestic mountains
Things to do near Cragside...
Out and about near Cragside, our favourites…
- Walk straight from the door to Tre’r Ceiri Iron Age hill fort, on the craggy hill above the cottage,
- Bracing walks before warming up in the Ty Coch Inn on the beach, near Nefyn
- For the more adventurous, try the Lleyn peninsula coastal path or head to Snowdonia
- Enjoy a warm welcome and great food at community owned Tafarn y Fic (2 miles)
- Feel like treating yourself? Twnti offers fantastic seafood just 7.5 miles away near Pwllheli
- While away afternoons in the fascinating castle towns of Caernarfon and Harlech
- Visit the award-winning Spar supermarket in Pwlhelli, no ordinary Spar!
- More things to do in Snowdonia…
If you want to know more about what’s happening nearby throughout the year, follow the links below.
|When you book, whatever your passion just let us know, we’ll find all of the information you need and include it in your personal, tailored guide sent to you before you arrive.|
Call or email us to find out more:
Experience the thrill of the world’s longest zip wire line at Zipworld. Two amazing zip lines where you fly for over a mile.
The highest peak south of the Scottish Highlands, Snowdon is 1,085m high but there are plenty of opportunities for all abilities…
For the more adventurous there is so much to do near all of our properties. From fishing and mountain biking to caving and coasteering…
Historic Day Out
Home to the Marquess of Anglesey, Plas Newydd is a magnificant country house with beautiful gardens that has spectacular views of Snowdonia.
An awe inspiring, ‘fantasy’ castle in equally inspiring and spectacular surroundings…
Marvel at the brutish strength that enabled the magnificent Caernarfon castle to be built…
Enjoy spectacular views across Snowdonia, with impressive terraces, and grand ponds…
Explore how people lived from Tudor to Victorian times in the oldest house in Conwy…
The classic horseshoe route up to Snowdon summit and back…
Wonderful walk in Snowdonia…
Regarded as the best but also one of the most difficult marathons in the UK!
Cragside has been recognised by guests and press alike.
Here is a selection of press articles in which Cragside has been featured…
“We had a lovely time at Cragside. The cottage itself was very cleverly restored, but the views were simply stunning. Excellent walking in the local area. Everything was clean and tidy when we arrived, and everything in the cottage worked well during our visit. We would wholeheartedly recommend it to friends and family, and we are thinking about booking again in the not too distant future.” – James and Sarah
“I’m so impressed with the customer service that I’ll be sure to sing your praises wherever I can!” – Pedro
“We very much enjoyed our holiday at Cragside and found it the perfect little getaway. Our only complaint was we couldn’t stay longer! We found the guide you sent very useful” – Carla
“We had a fantastic time at Cragside. We fell in love with everything about it!” – Dionne
“We had a wonderful stay thank you…nice touches like the goody box, the place itself was ideal – we’ll be back again and again no doubt…. Fantastic place, fantastically delivered. Thank you” – Martin
“Thanks for all your help… We had a fantastic time, the cottage was a real gem, and the weather was fine for Wales!” – JB
“The guide was incredibly helpful and the location and cottage was stunning! We can’t wait to come back again for some much needed R+R.” – Sophie
“We would like to thank you for the great stay…The whole family were impressed by the cottage, the stable door in the kitchen opened to a great view of the valley and bay.” – Man Fai
“We got back from Cragside two weeks ago and I miss it! … the views out of the stable door in the kitchen were just stunning.” – J-A
“What a beautiful place! It felt like we’d stumbled across a deserted shepherd’s hide out – but that the shepherd had extremely good taste!” – JP
We are as flexible as possible with arrival date and length of stay.
We have a minimum booking of 3 nights and 7 nights during peak holiday times.
Our calendars are up to date at the end of each working day.
Bookings are subject to availability and on a first come first served basis. To reserve the dates you want completing our booking form is the fastest way.
To check any dates or details before making your decision just get in touch. Call, email or fill out our booking form, whichever you prefer.
To see dates for all cottages, please go to our availability page.
Please use the left and right arrows to scroll through the months.
Prices for Cragside
We’re here to take the hassle away from booking and planning your holiday.
No hidden extras…
our prices include everything from tea towels to bath towels
and special extras such as logs for the fire, bathrobes and a welcome hamper there when you arrive.
The price also includes your tailored guide to help plan your holiday.
We know that you respect and appreciate beautiful places and other people’s precious homes so…
Relax and enjoy your holiday with no security deposit to worry about.
Accidents do happen and if damage does occur during your stay we ask for a reasonable contribution towards the cost of repairs or replacements.
Please read our user-friendly terms and conditions which, by confirming your booking, you agree to.
|Available for short breaks, (min 3 nights) year round, except for peak holiday times.|
Come back soon… Stay again with Sheepskin, within 6 months, booking ‘off-peak’ for 5 nights or more and we’ll reduce the standard rate by 10% for you.
When we receive your booking form we will reserve your requested dates for 5 days and we will be in touch to confirm all the finer details with you.
If you prefer call or email:
+44 (0) 1865 764 087