Meet The Team
|Responsible for:||Sheepskin! & I am the person you call if you have a problem during your stay.|
|Favorite place in the UK:||Brecon Beacons|
|Me, in three words:||Passionate, energetic, sociable|
|Top of my bucket list:||See the world on my motorbike|
|My Sheepskin property:||Lletty – family size yet cosy for two, complete escape!|
|Why I love Sheepskin:||The beautiful landscapes I see visiting cottages, I wish I had time to walk in them!|
|Background:||Donkeys years in customer service!|
|Responsible for:||Guest liaison, fixer, day to day management, office mum|
|Favorite place in the UK:||Shropshire (ssshhh, no-one knows it’s there and I’d like to keep it that way!)|
|Me, in three words:||Organised, passionate, tenacious|
|Top of my bucket list:||Girls week-end in New York – is that allowed?|
|My Sheepskin property:||Tailor’s Cottage: manages to combine cosy and contemporary and surrounded by great walking country.|
|Why I love Sheepskin:||Recommending a romantic place for a proposal and hearing that she said yes!|
|Background:||Event Management graduate|
|Responsible for:||Guest liaison & Social Marketing|
|Favorite place in the UK:||Devon|
|Me, in three words:||Committed, Ambitious, Bubbly|
|Top of my bucket list:||To do a sky dive!|
|My Sheepskin property:||Cappele – The bath tub is amazing!|
|Why I love Sheepskin:||The genuine & enthusiastic thanks we get when people get back from their holidays!|
|Responsible for:||Marketing & guest liaison|
|Favorite place in the UK:||Henley on Thames|
|Me, in three words:||Full of life, chatty and a little bit bonkers|
|Top of my bucket list:||Be a more adventurous skier|
|My Sheepskin property:||Chescombe Lodge because it is in a beautiful part of the Cotswold’s and it is wall to wall luxury!|
|Why I love Sheepskin:||Trying out the food in the hamper selections!|
|Responsible for:||Website & guest Liaison|
|Favorite place in the UK:||Devon|
|Me, in three words:||Creative, Eccentric, Determined|
|Top of my bucket list:||To get my degree in Textiles|
|My Sheepskin property:||Hilltop – Totally remote for absolute escape|
|Why I love Sheepskin:||Our mix of cottages; they all have their own character & a different reason to visit them.|
|Background:||Sales & Marketing|
|Responsible for:||Business management & guest liaison|
|Favorite place in the UK:||Lyme Regis – rugged coastline & Dorset cream teas, heaven!|
|Me, in three words:||Plucky, Inspired, Stylish|
|Top of my bucket list:||To add a chocolate labrador into my life!|
|My Sheepskin property:||Upper Crossing – a former railway station that is first class in every respect.|
|Why I love Sheepskin:||Properties to die for, passionate people , and the daily prospect of making more guests happy – my dream job.|
A refreshing alternative
We understand your most valuable possession is time and that we are all different but often share a common attitude to life. So we have a different approach…
We only include cottages and houses that we want to stay in and we think that you will too.
Our collection will remain, deliberately, small so that we can continue to give you the personal service that you need and that we pride ourselves on.
More than a great place to stay we provide personal help and support to make the most of your precious holiday time. A tailor-made, hassle free break with a special place to call home at the end of each day.
Within our collection you will find unique cottage hideaways for romantic breaks. Rare and remarkable houses for group getaways. All original, often quirky and always inspiring.
Relaxing private accommodation that gives you time to breathe. Sumptuously comfortable places where rustic charm is retained and contemporary holds hands with traditional.
The comfort of a great hotel in unique homes with the privacy and freedom to do what you want when you want. An antidote to city life but also home from home.
A website with absolutely honest descriptions and photographs; if you can’t see another building, there isn’t one. What you can see is how it will be.
Sheepskin…like life but betterTweet
Send to a friend
Where luxury is about feeling comfortable, your own private space and the personal freedom to do what you want when you want…
Where privilege is about service personal to you, cherished and inspiring homes and the natural beauty of a breathtaking view or a rare sighting…
Where indulgence is about your time without deadlines, freedom to choose how you use it and maybe doing something you’ve never done before…
Where comfort is about warming log fires, marshmallow duvets and that reassuring feeling of being at home…
Where nature wears the trousers and man asks permission…where poor weather is just about the wrong clothes.
Where it feels like a special occasion but it’s simply what you deserve…
…like life but better
So we created Sheepskin
Before (and since) creating Sheepskin cottages we, Adam and Helen, have been lucky to have the opportunity to travel, both with work and, in our precious time off, purely for pleasure. Staying in all manner of accommodation in many countries.
Sometimes delighted, sometimes disappointed, our experiences have helped us define what, for us, makes a great place to stay.
After a lot of searching, which continues, we have found some beautiful places, remarkable properties and fascinating people.
We created Sheepskin so we could share the inspiring and undiscovered places we found, in other words… we’ve done the searching for you.
Now with a friendly and knowledgable team who share our passion for great places to stay, we are here to help you plan a hassle free UK holiday with Sheepskin.
Call or email and we’ll do all we can to help you…
Helen Shaw & Adam Lloyd
People we like working with
- Davis Bell McCraith (DBM) Wines share similar values to us and we believe to you, our guests, too; they are independent of mind and also in business and appreciate the finer things in life; not always the most expensive but carefully selected, considered choices with attention to detail to make them stand out from the crowd. Most importantly they offer a great selection of wines that can be delivered to your Sheepskin holiday cottage! See our delicatessen pages for more details...
- One Ltd, our inspirational creative agency, help us communicate the values of Sheepskin through our website and other media. They are a great sounding board, keeping us true to our brand and our visual style.
- David Fisher Photography travels far and wide with us taking beautiful yet honest pictures of our properties bringing our website to life and saying more than words ever could.
- Melin Tregwynt have been a huge influence on the style we use, they blend traditional materials and techniques with contemporary style and colours which reflects beautifully the rustic charm and warmth that we search for in our rustic cottages.
- Working with Deirdra Barr of ompathy.com we are able to offer yoga and relaxation weekends at our larger houses with personalised sessions throughout your special weekend to ensure that you all come back completely refreshed, relaxed and revitalised after your break. Find out more about planning a relaxation weekend…
- Working with Sarah Howard of Image Seen we are able to offer photography workshops with our first in March 2012 at Shell House giving the opportunity to improve your photography skills with the guidance of a professional landscape photographer in the stunning scenery of Exmoor. Find out how to join the Exmoor photography workshop…